Sunday, February 28, 2010

e REPEATING YESTERDAY MAKES TOMORROW REDUNDANT (edit- does this make any sense at all?)

e One of those mornings where I come to this and go, "Why me, Oh, Lord?" I know I brought it on myself. I don't have to do this. But there is a religious aspect to LA. It's the times when you doubt it most that you need it most. Why do I need it? I need it because I don't need it and not needing it creates a need. I don't think I can do this for the rest of my life, especially since I don't think I have ever gotten feedback or if I have,I can't find it.(NON-SEQUITUR. THE ONLY REASON YOU CAN'T DO THIS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IS BECAUSE YOU GET SMART, A LOGICAL IMPOSSIBILITY). My technical stupidity is the equivalent of trying to steer a 737 with a buggy whip. I suffer from the fantasy that someone will stumble on it (out of the billions of other blogs), tell their friends and lo and behold, instant celebrity, which I can then poignantly and publicly reject. I think only that can set me free. Once LA becomes popular and a part of millions of people's lives, I can write an elegant disclaimer claiming that it no longer serves the function of no function therefore I must stop it. Perhaps, I will say, I will turn up in another blog some day, but this one will have a theme, like how to shoe the shoeless. On the web anything can happen but nothing really does and when it does it has no effect other than affecting the infected who believe that for the four seconds that whatever it is occupies their brain cells, it has some significance before an Ashton Kutcher twitter blast comes barrelling in. The challenge is thinking of original ways to say "I have nothing to say" because saying "I have nothing to say" is not interesting, not even to me. So I must go back and baste my creative juices.(HOW ABOUT TAKE THE PORCUPINE TO THE AVOCADO?) There is always tomorrow. There is always the possibility that something significant may emerge from all this aggressive insignificance and then, praise God, I can stop doing it. NOT TO BUTT IN, BUT DURING THIS 'EDITING' PROCESS, I HAVE READ MUCH STUPID PROSE, BUT THIS RANKS UP THERE WITH THE STUPIDEST. I COULDN'T PARAPHRASE IT IF YOU PELTED ME WITH POISONED PICKLES. THE ONLY REASON IT REMAINS IS TO SHOW HOW THE CONCEPT IS WEARING DOWN OF ITS OWN WEIGHT, AS TO WHY THAT IS OF ANY INTEREST TO ANYONE, IT IS BETWEEN THE WRITER AND HIS MAKER.
MAY WE MOVE ON, PLEASE.THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER (BUT THAT IS NEVER SAFE TO SAY AROUND HERE).

No comments:

Post a Comment