Tuesday, April 6, 2010

e IS FOR EFFORT

Definitely a crisis in the making. Slamming into a closed door. The blog of blogs was supposed to open out into a vast prarie that told us things about ourselves, our art, our commerce, our desires. It seems instead to be be opening into its navel. If I were reading this as a reader, I would have skipped out weeks ago. Is the problem the subject or the execution. Or is there a problem? I detect problems two ways: 1) I get bored 2) I have nothing to say.I am still writing so I still have something to say. Am I bored? Not exactly. I am talking about being bored, which I guess one defines as writing about something that one is no longer interested in or the reader is no longer interested in.It feels like a chemistry lab where all the logical formulas have failed in developing the miracle drug so the chemist is randomly mixing things together hoping something will percolate. The fact that I have no additional followers should be cause for concern, but that could be cause for concern about my technical abilities as well, which I plan to fix regardless. As for the overarching comment, I refuse to comment about it until I reach the end. If we are approaching the end and blogg's format is this length, so be it. I will not keep it going just to keep it going. But I will not end it just to end it. I may play around with endinglets and see if any turn out to be small streams that lead to wide seas, or at least lakes. The oral comments I have gotten take this all rather seriously. My tone is serious. Do I take this seriously? I think if you have come this far and it looks like just a few more posts till the end, you should stick around. Something interesting may happen (like I may decide to change it into a history of possums) or not. I feel a sadness and a heaviness. Why? This is just a stupid blog. What I vested in it and why. This may take us out of the anonymity rule but rules are made to be broken. There may be some cool shards.

No comments:

Post a Comment