Tuesday, May 25, 2010

REVISIONS

Don't look back but I have been assiduously revising almost all my posts, which means if you read them once you might want to read them again to see if they are any better. Most of the revisions are quite simple-- a word here, a line there. It's when I GET INTO CAPITAL LETTERS and start disparaging the entire venture where I really don't know what I am doing or what I am trying to accomplish. It's as if if I revised this enough it would turn into something real beyond its idiotic masturbatorial premise. The fact that I have taken a new post to tell you this is not a good sign if you thought you were through with me. I am feeling perverse. I may just write some more posts because I can and in my own twisted logical fashion they are saying something. My overall take on what I have read so far is one of abject disappointment. Not nearly funny or significant enough. I have not learned the hat trick and don't really know whether it can be done and if so why. On the other hand there were a couple of good lines and riffs here and there so it's not totally hopeless. In a rare personal aside I can tell you that the rest of my life has been pretty much a disaster during this silence and getting back into it might just function as a sort of B=12 shot, which might not necessarily make for absorbing reading but if it makes me feel better, who the fuck cares what YOU think? Don't insult your audience. You're back to four and I actually got an anonymous comment (at least so they said) from someone who though this was weird fun. So don't forget that even if I get pissed off periodically, I love everybody. I love the world. I love doing this. Sometimes asking why only causes trouble.IT'S A FEW WEEKS LATER. I HAD SORT OF ABANDONED THIS VENTURE BECAUSE IT CAN'T GO ANYWHERE. NOW I AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT MY SECOND THOUGHTS. THE FACT THAT IT CAN'T GO ANYWHERE IS WHAT MAKES IT WORTH DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE IF IT IS WORTH DOING (Shall I ask my now down-to-three followers?) AT ANY RATE THE REVISIONS WILL HAVE TO BE REVISED.THEY ARE DREADFUL-- WORSE THAN THE ACTUAL TEXT. WATCH THIS SPACE.THE FAT LADY MAY NOT HAVE SUNG.

1 comment: