Sunday, January 31, 2010

APHORISM (last time I will call APHORISMS APHORISMS. They are not grapefruits. They will just be irrelevant and in capital letters) EVERYTHING THAT COMES INTO OUR CIRCLE HAS COME TO TEACH US WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW.

I think I prefer morning blogging. Sort of like flossing. Prepares you for the day. Amazing how doing this four or five times and I now have a new idiotic habit. Periodically, as right now, my mind goes totally blank and I think; "how the fuck are you going to keep this up?" Pure perversity. Pure conceit, Pure grandiosity. 100 percent pure orange juice with calcium and vitamin c added. Then I think, well, if you don't do this who will? Probably millions of people all over America are already doing this. Solipsism. Do we define that as believing that one is real and everything else is false. We are having a hard time getting a run going this morning, probably because I just wrote my shrink a long email accusing him of misunderstanding me and I used a lot of my creative jism. Now I have really skiied myself into a corner. When blogging this way at your best is such a limited activity which so few will have any desire to read, what can you say when you are off your game? That there was no game to begin with? Lame. You could insult the reader. You could say don't you have anything better to do with your fucking time than to read the solipsistic ravings of a writer between projects or just too lazy to write or making some lame connection between abstract expressionism and abstract expression. Why aren't you doing something useful like buttering your toast, reader? Perhaps you are. Perhaps you prefer this to the op ed page of the New York Times. Let's use the meaningfulness applause meter.How many of you out there think the New York Times Op Ed page is more meaningful than Literal Ally? Now let's here it for literal ally. No contest. Of my two readers, me and the google guy, we both find the op ed page a meaningless aglomeration of stuff whereas literal ally is just pure meaninglessness which gives it much more meaning since it is not pretending to have any. How many times in the course of this blog can I make the same point before I realize it? Willl I one day receive a post that says PLEASE STOP. I CAN'T STOP READING AND YOU ARE DESTROYING MY LIFE AND ABILITY TO EXIST IN THIS SOCIETY? Another reason today's entry may not be up to my usual low standards is that I am hungry. Low blood sugar curdles my adjectives. So I am going to the oatmeal pot right now and not coming back till tomorrow when I promise you the blog to end all blogs. My daughter may get involved in illustrating this. She may even read it. Then all things will start coming together and the world will be a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment