Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I did it again edited

APHORISM; DIRIGIBLES ARE NOT FOR NEOPHYTES

After I had written my third brilliant post, having wiped out my first, I wiped out my third. It was good. I will not do this again. I think I know which button to hit now, the one at the bottom, not the top. If I were sane, I would be saying fuck this, especially because my followers went from 2 ot 1 while I was writing. But I am going to master this and write the blog of blogs unlike all the others out there. And my limited group of friends. (I think I've got like 50 on facebook to which I will some day have someone try to attach this) will some day read this with interest since I have on occasion been interesting. The blog I killed was about what the blog was going to be-- how a chronology of my fucked up life was uninteresting to anyone, especially me, how I was going to try to leave people's names out of it but that my family and some close friends might inadvertently get slimed a bit. Here is a near analogy that doeesn't quite work. New blogs are like feathers in a snowstorm. You have to look and listen very carefully to hear an individual saying. "Here I am."
And that is what the subject of this blog will be, "Here I am." It will be shaped around the attempt of an old media person to harness the expressive power of a new medium which he doesn't quite understand. Will it replace the well-crafted book or even memoir? Who nows? This is not an attempt at art. This is the fingers writing to the brain even though the brain is really doing the commanding to the fingers- but it doesn't feel that way. Why does it make one feel less lonely to write missives about nothing that may be read by no one. Is this a subject for therapy (this get dealt with later). Is this a substitute for therapy? (Ditto)This is so much more boring than the second blog I erased it's pathetic. But I am going to pesevere. If I am man enough to write will there be anyone dumb enough to read? I will try to do this every day. I am pretty good at establishing habits. This should send my one follower (or perhaps there are now none or I am the one) breathlessly rushing to their computer tomorrow, and tomorrow. Edit: This is the first of approximately 400,ooo times that I will warn reader and writer alike that they are wasting their time. I will try to do so entertainingly but it is unlikely I can do it differently every time. I will do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment