Tuesday, February 16, 2010

E IT'S NOT WHO YOU ARE, IT'S WHAT YOU WOULD LOOK LIKE IF YOU HAD NO EARS

WLAL is in pain this morning. Its perpetrator took a spill on the ice and bruised his right hand which is why you may find that this entry favors letters on the left. Bruises, regardless of where they land, are pains in the ass, because they don't stop you enough to not work, get you very little sympathy, take a long time to heal and live at the crux of annoying and painful, a not particularly happy place. But WLAL, which today has 3 listeners, a record, must go on, so bruised hand and all I will keep spinning those discs for my avid fans. Thus endeth the content portion of today's entry. Is it too soon for me to start discoursing again on the insanity of the enterprise? How many times can I do that before people say it is not amusing to watch you watch yourself keeping it going. WE DO NOT WANT TO GO MAD ALONG WITH YOU. This is a true editorial challenge. I have ranged around the publishing industry during the real-life part of my career, so I know whatof I am speaking. I have spent many hours trying to get authors to inject more and better content in their work and I know how hard that is. It is like pulling one's own tooth, in this case before an audience who is watching each root leave each canal and judging whether it is amusing enough for them to continue watching the operation. Yes, it's a tough job, but WLAL, to whom I feel an increasing personal commitment,(WHY?) can do it. This entry is being written during the early morning, generally the peak of the author's writing powers,(PATHETIC) before the events of the day have flattened him. The fact that I am giving pieces of this, my most quality of times, to this my most ungainly of children, underscores the fact that my commitment grows, that I see paths around the content of no content that go on for continents,like the Nile, and that I am confident anyone brave enough to start down one of these paths will be sufficiently rewarded to continue. This entry, in fact, feels like something of a beginning, or at least a rededication.(IN THE AUTHOR'S ON MIND ONLY) That being the fact, to allay any fears that ally is going conventional, it ought to abruptly stop. Like here.BUT HOW MANY BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS CAN YOU EXPECT US TO BEAR?(WHO DOES HE THINK 'US' ARE? FROM THE VANTAGE POINT OF THE END THE AUTHOR IS IMPRESSED AND DEPRESSED BY THE FACT THAT HE THINKS THAT ANYONE BUT HE WOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT TRIVIA ON THIS LEVEL. I WOULD SAY I HOPE HIS HAND ROTS, BUT IT'S BETTER.)

No comments:

Post a Comment