Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ebach in the background

One of the nicest things about writing a blog is that three seconds before you are about to start you don't have a clue as to what you are going to say, then the fingers touch the keys and words pour forth. If you think about it too much before hand then it is going to lose the spontanaeity that makes a blog a blog a blog, not that I really know what it is. If you don't think about it at all, it could end up something like this. Actually, during my morning meditation which I undertake before writing (I don't think that's a state secret, I think I've mentioned it before. If I havent, big fucking deal). Occasionally during the meditation as thoughts flit into my mind and I dispense them by internally saying, "thought," some of them are things I could write in my about-to-be-written in blog. It's only natural to think about something you're going to do in a matter of minutes. But fortunately I have so many dopey thoughts that have nothing to do with the blog that I end up having to "thought" away that I invariably forget the thought I thought would be good for the blog, which keeps things pure. I am not sure,for the sake of future biographers, whether the following thought took place during the meditation or right after, as I turned on my computer and arranged my toys for writing. The thought was this: depending on whether you are reading this thing sporadically, backwards, from the first one forward (author's preference), you may have noticed that I mentioned somewhere that each time I do a new post, I go back and edit an old one. You can tell which are which by the little e in the title. And the major edits are in capital letters. I am doing this for a number of reasons and I may be able to enumerate one or two: 1)so you can see that when I am being really stupid, I am aware of how really stupid I am being and will show you so by writing something like IT TAKES A SPACE SCIENTIST TO FIGURE THAT OUT after the offending sentence. The second one, which I am not sure of, well, I have to backtrack a second, I have never read blogg in consecutive order and have no idea whether the experience would be blissful or an ideal. What is the narrative arc of a blog, or at least blogg? So going back and editing gives me a lay of the land, like where I'm coming from so I can tell, if I were the kind of writer who could control these kinds of things, whether blogg has a real plot (not that the author can he finish this thing) or not.Perhaps it is a paean to man's loneliness or something but the only way I will be able to tell is by reading it, just like you, but unless you are me or a complete fanatic you will only have to read this once and your value judgements will probably run in other directions (LET ME OUT OF HERE!). I mention this, which is turning out to be much more complicated than I thought it would be, because I am about a month behind myself in the editing and will be as long as I edit a blogg each time I write one, so the only time I will truly get the lay of the land is to write nothing new and just edit a month, which any fool can tell you will just mean laying the new stuff inbetween the lines of the old, so I'm just mixing things up. The only time I'm not writing is when they take this computer from these cold dead hands. You may be thinking, as I am about whether the relevance of this issue requires taking up so much space,which, of course, one may say about the whole enterprise. But why bother? Neither of us will stop me and I assume neither of us wish me ill health. Is everybody clear about everything? Shit, I forgot about Bach, but this is getting too long and I will do my derndest to tell you how he figures into all of this tomorrow. A damain.SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHAT ORDER I AM EDITING IN I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING THE SAME STUPID THINGS ABOUT EDITING 100 TIMES.BEFORE YOU GET PISSED OFF, REMEMBER THAT I AM REALLY DOING THE BEST I CAN, AS PATHETIC AS THAT MIGH BE. SHOW A LITTLE MERCY, DUDE,

No comments:

Post a Comment