Monday, April 26, 2010

DOTS

BLOGG actually remembered some of wnat he wrote yesterday, probably because part of it was an edit of something he had written previously. It was about dots and about how if you stared at them and they and you did nothing else, they could still be interesting by virtue of their dotness and their relationship with you-- where did that meaning come from and what did it mean? All this by way of another thrust up Mt. Blogg, home of Meaningless Volcano. I see that I was considering abandoning Blogg not because it was saying the same thing again and again but because the message, at least on the surface seemed utterly without value and meaning. Who am I to judge what is valuable and meaningful. Blogg is my dot. You look at it and you create whatever value and meaning you wish, or you abandon it if it is not creating enough for you. The dot is a mirrored dot reflecting back images of you looking at BLOGG. What meaning does that image hold for you? It means shit to me, but then again, I'm not you. I won't know what it means to me fully until I finish, if I ever do, but it just occured to me that a rule implicit in this enterprise is that it never be finished but be in a perpetual state of almost finishment-- a serious state where the frustrations of the author are so real that termination seems utterly possible,. Author can't say he will never finish. Never is a long, long time. But he can say he will never stop because of the meaninglessness of the project. If anything that will spur him on to new depths. Blogg will continue to icily reflect on itself seeking to find out if there is anything knowable from an idiotic premise.There is painfully little information to have and with ipads and kindles there is entirely too much mindless information crashing into the shore already.Blogg waves are like those of a crystalline wave.You can look back fifty feet and see the same kind of wave containing the same level of silt coming at you as you did with the one before and the one before that. It will splash in sightly above your ankle so your shorts are safe. It is a sunny day. But we must hope the sun does not get so strong that it takes us away from BLOGG and places us indoors where sanity and conventionality rule. I have not yet thought if fish work in this analogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment