Saturday, April 17, 2010

BLOGGING, MEDITATION, EXERCISE, RELIGION

Ambitious title. We really must be getting into the heart of it now. To attempt to take them a piece at a time (actually the long title is to help me remember them at all) and full disclosure-- this brilliant revelation did come to me during meditation. Which brings us to blogging and meditation, which as I was focusing on my breath I realized are very much the same thing-- at least the way I do it. The subject matter, nothing, provides us with a base, like breathing, around which we can display our thoughts about, well....nothing. In meditation, when it works, this paradoxically gives us a kind of freedom to think about all the idiotic things we would normally think about, especially if we were writing or in the company of people. Here, not only does it all hang out, it's been hanging since post one and it is the hanger. Merit, normally a consideration in these things, has fallen by the wayside long ago. What keeps us going? I think it's one of those long esoteric acids that you find in vitamins that scientists say do nothing for you but the folkore is so stron, the price so high and the labels so cool, we take it anyway.

Blogging is like meditation in that both of them have you focused on one thing (In meditation breathing; in bloging typing) so that the idiotic things you normally censor yourself about for thinking spring free for the world to laugh at. I probably don't meditate correctly (I don't do many things correctly) so the "high" I'm getting from it is pretty low, probably about the same level as this. If I ever finish blogg, I may take up meditation more seriously. Somthing has been such a disaster in my life it's time to give nothing a serious shot.

Exercise is simply the joy I get from the clackety clack of the keys.My fingers move much faster writing blog than they do anything else since there is no untoward interference by the brain to slow things up. And clackety clack feels like accomplishment regardless of how idiotic your clacks are.,

As far as religion goes- I hesitate to get into this one but that won't stop me. BLOGG may or may not be a sort of scripture. I wouldn't know because I haven't read it. But there is a singlemindedness and peacefulness to putting it together that feels sort of religious. There's also the feeling that there is probably about as much fact=based reality in BLOGG as there is in most religions, or at least the really dumb ones, the kind that think the universe is walking on a frog's back.

Having dispensed with these heady issues I am overcome by the question, "What the fuck difference does it make--" a question that can be asked of virtually every sentence in blogg. I am actually going to attempt to answer it, though the answer will accrue you no positive good unless you are me. Today's post feels to me like an eight course dinner, as opposed to the usual ones that feel like a couple of peas and a fig. It seems to be about something, even if it is contributing nothing to the body of knowledge about the things that it is allegedly about. It has made me happy. Which is way more personal than I ought to be getting. But it has made me optimistic that the show can go on for a while and the optimistic entries are usually more fun to write than the depressive ones, which come so much more easily and frequently. So wallow in this post. Enjoy it. Love it. It is probably as good as it is going to get for both of us. Think about all it has taught you about so many things ranging from typing to figs to OM. When you put all these things together and a small smile starts to form on your lips, you are in really deep shit-- just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment