Monday, April 5, 2010

EHANG ON, SLOOPY

It was inevitable-- that this blog would start to grow tiresome. Originally I had envisioned doing it for the rest of my life, which I may have done (one never knows), but I am getting tired of saying the same stupid thing over and over and it becomes increasingly difficult to find interesting variations. Blogs tend to have shelf lives anyway, don't they. I mean people do them for a while, then stop, do something else and perhaps start another one. But I cannot finish Blogg without giving as good a reason as I started and sharing with you the experience of writing it even though that's pretty much what I've been doing from the beginning. It's also possible that the wind-up may be longer than the blog itself. Who's to say that there's not more to write about why one ends a blog than why one begins it? But (sorry) I'm not quite done yet. This is a sort of prequel to my consideration of stopping. Of course if I were to receive hundreds of desperate requests begging me not to stop, that would have an impact. So would Santa bringing me a new sled. So if one ends a blog it means one has said all he wants to say on the subject, the subject here being the writing of a blog, what blogs are etc. There is a compromise solution I may adapt which will make blogg even more labyrynthine. The three of you who allegedly have been with me from early on know that I have been going back and editing earlier entries for style and for shit I promised and didn't deliver on and to dis things like the radio gig. It could be that lurking in the revisions is some heavy stuff that I might want to go into in some detail. I am also curious as to how many bloggers revise at all. I can tell from my spelling errors alone that I don't. I feel like a little boy with a stick walking along the shore. He can hear his mother calling him, telling him lunch is ready, but isn't that the outline of a whale on the horizon. Does this make any sense at all? ISTHIS THE FIRST OF THE HUNDRETH TIME I HAVE TOLD YOU I AM GOING TO GO BACK AN EDIT EARLIER POSTS. MY BRAIN IS MUCH TOO FILLED WITH SUBSTANCE TO REMEMBER.

No comments:

Post a Comment