Thursday, April 22, 2010

STEW

I believe I've mentioned before that I as I mindlessly trudge forward with Blogg, I have also been going backward reading older posts and, when possible, attempting to edit them into making some sort of sense, eliminating repetitions (which means eliminating 90 per cent of blogg). The sense that if I did this long enough I would reach a place where dross would turn to gold and a masterpiece emerge (even though only four people would see it) has left for the time being. Clickety clak and the awesome power of mindless routine have taken over as primary motives for continuation now, especially after going back and reading some of the earlier entries, which, alas, are not that different from the later entries except in their anticipation that the later entries might be better than they are. I spoke yesterday or the day before or whenever about a fadeout ending for blogg. Or I can probably and it endlessly, then go back and edit all the endings, then edit the edits of the endings. It all boils down to pablum. I was so discouraged that I was considering moving forward only by moving backwards, that is, assuming blogg was over, and catching up on the month or two of unedited blogs that I would put forward as new ones. It may come to that, but not yet, as can be deduced that this convoluted explanation has already taken up the better part of a post. I am in water over my head. I am tired of swimming. But I am still out here and currents change. I have neither the patience nor the space to do anything dramatically new now, except perhaps silently ponder my options for the next 24 hours, so I will go back and edit an old blog and see if that inspires me and you can dust or fry eggs---I can't imagine that my most rabid, I mean avid, fans will be interested in this internal process. But on the off chance one is, the edits are in capital letters. Don't ask me if they are real edits or an attempt to turn this into some sort of palimpsest (that's the first time I've ever used that word. I hope I used it correctly and spelled it right). Use a static free cloth for your computer and don't get it wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment