Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE MORTAL FLESH

An illness of the mortal flesh prevented me from posting yesterday. I tried but my incoherency was such that even I couldn't understand it. I hated the idea of losing a day, as if it would keep me from some goal. But then I realized what I really hated was the idea of losing the relationship with blogg for a day. One might say we were dating. Personification has taken place. I suppose it's the same thing with "Dear Diary," but diaries don't usually go on forever and one does not picture onseself a few years hence saying "Stacy, what ever happened to her." Aside from the fact that I do not know anyone named Stacy, I cannot imagine turning on my computer, feeling sentimental and going for some of the best of blogg. But I am back at my post today, filling in an absence, as it were, trying to get back into the rhythm of it. The logical thing to do would be to go back and read the last post, then decide whether I wanted to be continuous or discontinuous, since they seem to occur in nearly even proportions. But why do the logical thing? There is a piece of thread here that is either connected to blogg or a cat and I shall follow it long enough to give me a direction but not long enough to get scratched. I am glad I am not ill any longer because as I recall, I was in a "Rah Rah Blogg" phase last time and I would like to stay with it as long as possible. That was proceded, if I recall correctly, by an endless string of "What is the point of this?" type shit, which I hate but is sort of like tuning up. I am still not 100 per cent well so this post will end here while I heal. Two days would have been intolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment