Wednesday, April 14, 2010

EA CHALLENGE

IF ANYNE CARES I BELIEVE THIS EDIT COMES WELL BEFORE THE ONE WRITTEN WELL AFTER. I've had an uncharacteristically blank meditation session today as far as blogg is concerned, with nary a thought of it. This should matter,according to my own rules of engagement, not a whit. In fact, I could argue, it will make blogg all that purer and more sponaneous, to have its words spring forth unpreviewed from my brain-- isn't that the point of the whole thing? HOW NOVEL. I am going to try to teach myself to chip away in little pieces.DISHES? In previous posts, in a situation like this I would probably be moaning and groaning about the meaninglessness of it all and what do I think I'm doing and shit like that. I'm going to do do that, since I can't think of anything else unpremeditated, but I'm going to try to do it in a more finite and cheerful manner. When I screamed before about how difficult doing this continually was and the pain of having no readers, it was with the emotional fervor of having a bomb dropped on, say, Rockefeller Center. Today, I say, I am feeling somewhat mindless about the enterprise, which is not surprising since the enterprise encourages mindlessness, infinite mindless.I'LL BET IF YOU TRIED REAL HARD YOU COULD FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET A FOURTH MINDLESS INTO THAT SENTENCE. Yes, I am just whistling one of those happy meaningless tunes until something, anything comes into my head that will keep this charade going a few pages longer. Oh yes, I just thought of something. Blogg, one would think, would have a bumpety bump sort of narrative arc, if any, as it will have no beginning, modern and end or any postmodern variation thereof. But it occurred to me that when I went back and did my edits it might be possible to repurpose this (I love that word) into a veritable narrative. The odds of my deciding to and being able to do this are, admittedly, infintessimal and would probably destroy whatever integrity blogg has, which is all it has.IT HAS NONE. But one should never say never. When I go back and edit (and I do this every day, you remember), I am often surprised by what I find. Make that I am always surprised by what I find because this stream of words ushers forth so spontaneously I remember virtually nothing so everything I encounter on second glance is a surprise and is either better or worse than I would have thought. Take today. This seems to me a perfectly pleasant, calm and idiotic post. In a couple of months I will edit it. What will I make of it. Will it have a pivotal place in a repurposed blogg?(oh, leave me be)or will it just be the usual flotsam.THE ANSWER IS B. Few would lose money betting on the latter. I will leave it at that save mentioning that the energy level in this calm post is rather pathetic, lame even for me, and that if I want to keep this thing going at all I have to learn to say nothing with more energy: NOTHINK,something like that. Back to the past now. Have a nice day. Pray for me.NOTHINK? NOTHINK???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment