Friday, April 23, 2010

DISCOURAGEMENT IS WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

I think we are starting to hit the dregs of the dregs. In a desperate, but misguided attempt to find something new, I decided to go back and edit an old post before writing this one, the idea being that there would be something wonderful or terrible I could pick up on rather than "This doesn't mean anything." I am now doubly discouraged. All the posts are stupid but the one I landed on seemed to be in the back row or out of the classroom. Something about a dog and flowers which give wasting space a bad name and now puts me out in front of the crowd with nothing new to say but also without the hope that when I go back to edit, I will find some hidden treasure. This reminds me of a man with some sort of terminal disease trying, unsuccessfully, to find a comfortable position. But no matter how he contorts himself, it still hurts, though differently. But perhaps I am learning something. I am learning the difference between blogging and writing because there is no way I would allow anyone to see something as nauseatingly would-be witty as I just witnessed. It would have been edited out invisibly (as opposed to capital letter underscored) before anyone, hopefully even I, could read it. Writing is work. Writing about nothing ought still to be work. My only hope is that as I go forward, if I go forward, as I go backward I will bring to bear my meager writing talents on old blogs and something will come of it. The post you are currently reading sucks as much as most do, but at least it offers an idea, some hope. Something. Perhaps that should be my goal as I move forward. Offer something. If you can. I know lots of things, most not very interesting, but things never the less. I must try to subtly work them into the threads without revealing their context. And why do I do this? Because I am mad, as any idiot can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment