Thursday, March 18, 2010

eCOMMUNICATION IS A GREAT WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH

So maybe today we can skip the usual claptrap about why, what we are trying to do, how hard and stupid it is etc., and dig down deeper into the heart of things. As you read I am digging. I can tell because the mounds of dirt are already knee high. When I stare into the hole I don't see anything except more hole but maybe that's because I haven't dug deeply enough. I remain supremely confident in the realities of the physical world. Sometime before China I will hit something, perhaps even be able to remove it and then I will understand. Digging is dirty work. Not only because you have to wash your clothes often-- I mean existential dirty work. It really depends a lot on faith. There you are all muddy, sweaty and busting your chops and you have no real reason to believe you are going to find anything other than the fact that you want to. You may be wondering what spot I decided to dig in. It is a really nice spot, not too hot, not too cool. Little white flowers surround my hole and periodically samall children come by (I don't let them too close to the hole) and sing me nursery rhymes. The reality of digging this hole is so different from blogging to find out why you are blogging. It has purpose. It builds up your body. You can whistle (I can't whistle and type at the same time). It helps build up a hardy appetite (not that I am overweight, I just don't think about food that much.) You don't have to think about revisions. You just go where your hole takes you and if you don't like it you can just start another hole. I've just looke at the title of this entry and see the tenuous connection to what I am doing. Somehow I have to strengthen it so as not to mislead my posse. Truth is I am not a very good hole digger and I don;t know how much further I can go beyond dirt around my knees. But I can blog infinitely. I know. No flowers, no whistling, no children. But when you come right down to it,a similar result. The next time I did I am going to try using a shovel. They tell me that just like a word processor it helps you get where you are going faster, even if you don't exactly know where that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment