Thursday, March 11, 2010

MELANCHOLY MORNING

I have decided to insert the titles of my posts, which were actually supposed to be aphorisms in the box marked title. I BELIEVE YOU ALREADY SAID THIS, ASSHOLE. I am thinking, stupidly, that this will make it easier for people to access particular selections that they know and love and want to read again. Also, my aphorism-maker seems to have dried up. I think when I started this little project, I imagined it would be somewhat perkier and nonsensical aphorisms would brighten the text. I will still use such an aphorism when I think of one. In the meantime the relationship between the title and the text will be more subtle, if there is one at all. I have had a friend do some more things to connect me to places where LA can carry and hopefully obtain a larger readership. But I still have my same two followers and I have a feeling they just forgot to turn their follow-meter off or are on automatic blog delivery. It would be virtually impossible to find this blind and even if you knew me from facebook or twitter, it would take a very faithful friend who would bother reading this knowing it is the usual level of conversation I provide live. Having said this, I realize I am at another one of those ubiquitous impasses when I really have nothing more to say, even about nothing.AGAIN?!!! By all logic I should quit now because anything that follows can be labeled desperation over desperation. But no, I shall continue becaue I regard myself as a doctor who is stuffing people's heads into a metallic frame, as if they were having neck surgery, that makes it impossible for them to turn away. Their eyes are held open with antiseptic, painless metallic toothpicks that make it impossible to do anything else until they have read the text and fully grasped that they are tacitly joining the author in a project of uncharted artistic merit. Such a person must be extraordinary indeed because the idea of having one's head put in a metal frame is frightening. And once they are safely ensconced and the toothpicks are holding their eyes open they start reading the story of how they were ensconced in a metal frame, their eyes held open by antiseptic toothpicks, they will become even more terrified and relize that they are in the pixels of a madman. Since this is a medical experience, it would be nice to think that painkilling drugs were also an option. Or perhaps the text itself is a numbing, painkilling drug. I titled this post Melancholy Morning. I think that was because I knew I was going to be driven in this direction with some surrealistic mindless enthusiasm to perk up the enterprise. Not that I will remember, but I will try to be even perkier tomorrow. It is Friday, usally a perky day.I will try to reward my pair of persistent followers with a chuckle. I will try to reward myself by allowing myself by not taking it all so seriously when I am uninspired about being unispired. There is an "I've read this before" quality to nearly every sentence in every post. Things are said differently but I'll be damned if I can find one thing here that I haven't said before and better.(MEANING LESS WORSE))My job, if I have one, is to try to be entertaining. I have no way of knowing if and when I am succeeding. I only know when I am trying, which is always and I will continue to try harder, not that that is likely to change anything.Stay with it. You're doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment