Saturday, March 13, 2010

eWHO IS CHELSEA JOE?

I believe he is a false character created by blogger when one doesn't give enough information about who one really is. This may be absolutely untrue. Which is why it belongs here, in a safe place where I can ponder the limitlessness of my electronic ignorance as I tell the story of my non-life in non-detail. I am at a point where I am struggling with the development of a character who is struggling to emerge out of the abyss. The character is the narrator and I have to kill him before he gives a certain predictable swaythe (did I spell or use that word correctly?) to the enterprise. Non-narrator has trates of his own. I want to discover them by just letting them arbitrarily splat on to the page. I want to see if non-narrator can walk the walk, talk the talk, engage. Let me entertain you. A subtheme of LA is that the author is always worried about what comes next, which is true of his life as well. But when he and the narrator free themselves enough to be able to say, "whatever comes next, I fully accept it," then they are circling back into the meditational haze from which these entries emanated. The fact that the author can worry about what he is going to say tomorrow in a blog that by definition contains nothing is odd. He should be feeling unlimited freedom, not worry. But he still thinks in terms of achievement. He is the fool on the hill, but a foll preoccupied what is coming in the future even though he has defined it. Perhaps some day I will write the autobiogra[hy of Chelsea Joe.YOU HAD THE CHOICE BETWEEN WOEFULLY DISJOINTED AND REPETITIOUS VERSUS MOSTLY INCOHERENT. I CHOSE THE LATTER. THE KEY WORD IS MOSTLY IF YOU WILL GRANT IT TO ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment