Monday, March 29, 2010

emornings in manhattan

WE CONTINUE OUR RELENTLESS DOUBLE EDITS. IF I UNDERSTOOD CALCULUS OR BASIC MATH, FOR THAT MATTER,I COULD PREDICT WHAT DAY THE EDITS WOULD CATCH UP WITH THE NEW POSTS. AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN/ I HAVE NO IDEA BUT IT SEEMS LIKE AN INTERESTING NOTION. I WILL PROBABLY GO BACK AND DO IT A THIRD TIME OR COMBINE THEM. OR I MAY GET A DOG INSTEAD. I REALLY WANT A DOG. I HAV INADVERTENTLY KILLED THE START OF THIS ENTRY. I'M SURE IT WAS NOT WORTH SAVING ANYWAY BUT LET US CONTINUE, CLASS.Oh have revealed. And what would a good or even mediocre psychiatrist make of all this; first, the concept, wrter/patient writes long piece without revealing anything of his life. And then LA iteself, can this be done? HE'S BEING ORIGINAL AGAIN. NOTE THE DIFFERENCE IN MEANING BETWEEN THE SENTENCE THAT PRECEEDS THIS INTERRUPTION AND THE ONE THAT FOLLOWS IT. THERE IS NONE. THERE IS NONE ANYWHERE. Can you write a long piece without revealing anything of your life. No, a good shrink(ACTUALLY A BAD SHRINK WITH NO BUSINESS) would get in there and word by word analyze everything I am trying to hide including the mass murder I committed when 13 (just kidding). HA. The psychiatrist then might ask why the writer, who while not Faulkner,(NOT FAULKNER/ WHAT PLANET DOES HE THINK HE IS LIVING ON/) does possess talent sufficient to take on more than this electronic parlor game, has chosen to squander it in this fashion. Has he spilled his seed on the ground? A session might begin: "And what did you do today?" "I wrote in LA?" "What did you write?" "I wrote about nothing and you know I told you when I started therapy I would give you no back story. I needed you to tell me what it was."
"You are playing a game and hiding yourself from me. What exactly are you hiding?" "Would you say I was hiding the same thing from you that I am hiding from all other readers? In that case my effort is a triumph.THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL But if you think I am hiding something special from you then I think you may be in need of help because my hiding is finite and there is only one level of it, so, with all your degrees you are grouped with everyone else. I think it would be great if you could reconstruct the writer from the blog, from little details dropped here and there. (MUCH OF THIS IS DIRECTLY QUOTED FROM FREUD)Then when the blog is discovered and declared a national treasure, you can come forth with the name of the writer and a wickedly smart paper on it which will make your career. All right, you are giving me that "tell me what's really happening intense look that melts me. It's about my mommy and my daddy." "Which one...." "Neither."MOMMY AND DADDY ARE HAPPILY IN THEIR GRAVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment