Friday, March 26, 2010

eSAVE THIS SPACE

Having woken obscenely early, coffeed, meditated, cheerful classicl music on the radio from a station I will never find again since it's on Microsoft media player, a device which if I knew how it functioned, then I could also do a proper blog. I did notice an ad for something on google which is supposed to make your blog look beautiful. Would you love me more if LA were beautiful? Or would it conventionlize it to have it look like anything but dull meaningless word after dull meaningless word. I will go back later and see if I can figure out how to make it more attractive in a content-free way. Then I will decide whether to do it. Speaking of distraction, assuming, as I am, that you are just starting your day, did it ever occur to you that your day will, if you are like most people,most likely be filled with meaningful interactions with meaningful people in your life? Whereas LA is more like putting paprika on your avocado gelato. I am thinking of you this morning, dear reader, as opposed to me for a change, and how I can possibly expect you to "waste" your time here (as if there were not ultimately a way to "waste") time. I try to keep things relatively neat, mind my punctuation and paragraphing and keep bad jokes to a minimum. If LA were a book my guess (using blog humbers) is that you would be somewhere between page 50-75, the moment when you decide whether you are going to really vest yourself in all 400 pages or toss it aside for something else. The latter, of course, would be the sensible reaction here, but then you have to ask yourself why you came this far, when it was obvious by page 5 what was going to happen. Is it just masochism? Or is it your regard for ART, facing that first A as if it were an archery round and you were going to keep staring at it with me as we tried to shoot arrows through the triangle (what the fuck is he talking about). If it is any consolation, each morning I basically have to ask myself the same question you do, the only difference being that I dig the dirt and you step in the hole. We can both delude ourselves into thinking that something important is going on and in fact it might really be. It's tough to describe, really has nothing to do with blogs, but does have something to do with relationships between strangers, trust and finding proper un-pharmaceutical solutions to continue existing in this odd time. I think a thank you is in order from me to you for sticking with it this far. A few therapy sessions might be in order for me, but I really don't believe that. I am just banging a nail into a hole and I hit the head occasionally. Very occasionally.EDITOR OF BLOGG APPROVES OF THIS ENTRY. HE JUST WISHES HE DIDN'T WRITE VARIATIONS ON IT 60000 TIMES.

No comments:

Post a Comment