Sunday, March 7, 2010

e NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF

Once more into the fray, feinter of heart than yesterday, but insanely determined nevertheless. I apparently want people to read LA simply because I have written it. They are going to learn nothing of use except how big the writer of LA's ego is (very). Why should I ask this of people. Because I am vapid and selfish. Because it is the secret wish of every writer and non-writer who doesn't have a dog to be unconditionally loved. The blog is just an excuse for you to unconditionally love me. "Hey, what a great personality he has. He's witty. He's funny. He's existential in an elementary school sort of way. I think I'll love him." So far only two people have taken me up on the offer of all this free love but that may be because I still haven't figured out how to spill my power to the people. A friend promises to help me with this. Then dozens of people will love me and I will feel truly adored, right? Then I will either no longer feel the necessity of keeping up LA or it will make me a confirmed LA-er for life. Love is nice. It makes you think there is a reason for all the bullshit you go through in your life, which may or may not be true. Love is simply the intense emotional regard of one human being for another creature. Why should that matter so much? It's like music. Why does one series of sounds do nothing to me and another make me want to convert and love Jesus. Fortunately Google has not figured this out yet but since they are attacking all the mysteries in the world,I would not take odds against their not doing it. They attackjust technologically chewing away at them on the grounds that this will improve the life of people while making Google a lot of money. Since Google will know the answer to all mysteries,they will know how to spend their billions and be happy. That hurts more than their having them. LA will always be honest, poor and stupid. And grateful to its two mysterious guests waiting for the party to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment